From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog: The Dukes of Mos Eisley

Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Dukes of Mos Eisley

My friend Patrick tuned me into the idea that George Lucas really has sold his soul to Satan:

Two Star Wars TV series will follow the latest movie in the hit film franchise, director George Lucas has said.

Animated show Clone Wars, currently broadcast as three-minute episodes, will become "a 3D animated" series of 30-minute shows, he said.

It would be followed by a live-action series featuring characters from the six Star Wars movies, he added.

Patrick's response:

Star Wars has already gone from a cherished childhood memory to a joke. You’ll only make it worse. My little Jawa action figure, the only one to survive from 1977, now just makes me sad. Go make a romantic comedy, an action thriller, anything. Maybe, like your buddy Francis, you could get a hobby. Spend some of your money. Have fun. You’ve already killed part of my childhood, please stop pissing on the corpse. I don’t care how much they’re paying you to do it, it’s just not nice.
Having long ago ditched cable and lost faith in Lucas, I personally can't get that emotionally invested in this. I will say if we wind up with something like Queer Eye for the Jedi, I might have to rip the antenna out of my TV set that my brain may never be contaminated. EVER.