From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog: Your moment of blog zen

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Your moment of blog zen

Actually, I'm not quite sure what to call this, so I figured this was as good a place to stick this incident as any.

So I applied by accident for an Apple credit card. Apple used to do their financing through MBNA, but are now in a partnership with I think it's Juniper bank. When you apply for financing you're actually applying for a Juniper Mastercard with whatever the promotional rate is at the time of application. I found this out the hard way. Rather than just cancel the card, I thought I would put a small purchase on it, pay it off and then cancel.

So I was trying to get the online account set up to pay off this card. When the options requested online didn't work right to create my online account, I called Juniper's number to get set up. At this point, the phone tree gives me a few options. When I select zero, I'm informed I'm being directed to the next available "relationship manager."

Relationship manager. What the hell? I call regarding a credit card, and I get put in touch with freaking Ann Landers or something?