From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Out of the coma and back among the living
Or "Of Cats, Cars, women and Chicago"

No, not a literal coma, although I suppose you couldn't tell based on the inactivity of this bloody thing. I thought I had put some sort of BS up here more recently than over two months ago. But better late than never, I suppose. Remind me to keep that philosophy when it comes time for my funeral.

So why, you may ask, have I been AWOL for so long? Am I contemplating running for President in the future?

No the simple fact is that once I start getting involved with some of the things going on in my life, I find that I get lost in the things that need the most immediate attention, and everything else winds up getting tossed to the back burner.

For starters, as those of you who know me know, I work for Apple Computer. In case you've been living in a hole for the last year, Apple's been doing pretty well with this thing called the iPod (along with its variations that have been rolled out). My job is to make sure mini iPods roll out the door appropriately, and that eats up a good portion of my day to be sure.

I've also been very fortunate to welcome a couple of new guests to my household. Please welcome:



Jackie (named for Jackie Robinson)

and...




Doby, named for Larry Doby (I'm a bit of a baseball nut, can you tell?)

Living out in the boonies as I do, and with a big house to myself, I thought having a pet would help me feel less isolated at home. And the kitties have been a joy to have around, albeit frustrating at times (like children, they will not let me sleep through the night, which might be a new form of birth control, if I can bottle the frustration, and market it). In any case, these two will hopefully be lending themselves to my camera lens that I might be able to make catblogging a regular feature if I can get back into the habit of posting. If not my kitties, the good Ms. Brea has also procured herself feline companionship in the form of



Deja, a purebred Abyssinian. Please give her kitty some mad props as well.

There was also a side trip to Chicago right after Christmas. A breathtaking city I must go back to in the future. I could spend a week in the Art Institute alone. I met friends there so we could go see Spamalot, the stage musical "lovingly ripped off" as they put it from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. A fun show all around

I've also found myself a new car, as my old one finally gave up the ghost. Since cars cost money, and so does going out to the movies and such, I may find myself at home to post a good deal more in the coming months :-). I settled on a new Toyota Corolla CE (pictures forthcoming once it stops raining). I named her Clem (after Clementine, Kate Winslet's character in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). She's running like a dream. If you're in the market for a new car, you could do much worse.

There's also been the added factor of a new woman in my life. I shan't be getting into details here just yet. I want to know direct from her how much she wants me talking about her here ;-). Needless to say that Elizabeth has been a very full and enriching part of my life for a little more than three months now in a dating capacity. I'm as happy as I've been in quite a while, and from the comments I've gotten from some of my friends, it shows in a lot of ways. So we'll keep our fingers crossed that things keep on keeping on in a positive way!

Anyway, going to have a review up for a film I saw yesterday, and then tomorrow hope to start talking about some of the Oscar nominated films for this year. Once more unto the breach!

Updated: I realized after the fact that I mentioned Chicago in the title, but didn't say anything about it in the actual post. Doh! Added that paragraph in after the fact ;-).