From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Jeez Louise

Isn't this like Texas without football?

North Carolina Speedway will lose its only remaining race and Darlington Raceway will have just one as part of a realignment plan for 2005, a NASCAR source told The Associated Press on Thursday.


I know jack about NASCAR, but even I know that a lot of its roots come out of the deep south, and North Carolina is a large part of that. Losing NASCAR after this season is going to get somebody fired from their job, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it turned into a political issue on a local or state level.

Texas Motor Speedway
is going to get one of the two races leaving NC next year. That's got to be a bit of a surprise considering the Speedway's troubled start. From what I know, I would guess that problems with the track at TMS that had some drivers claiming that the track would probably get someone killed before long have been resolved to a very satisfactory degree. I'm sorry for the state of NC, but gotta give home state props to TMS. This is quite a coup.