From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog: Old School Random 10

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Old School Random 10

Doghouse Riley goes old school on us:

I don't own an iPod. Or a cell phone. I still wear spats. You kids get off my lawn.

But dammit, I wanna have fun, too. And since sex is out of the question at my age I dusted off another relic, the lamentably no-longer-supported Appleā„¢ Hypercard and programmed it to turn up random numbers between 1-762, which is the number of Long Playing Records stored in the basement, followed by a number from 1-15 indicating which cut was selected. (This only applies to tracks I actually listen to and intend to digitize before I die.) After that big buildup, you're just itchin' for the list, right? Me, too. But first, no, I didn't stop buying music in 1986; this is the stuff I have on vinyl. And show a little respect, I had to run up and down stairs for this:


Robin Lane and the Chartbusters: Rather Be Blind
Captain Beefheart: Candle Mambo
Adventures: Send My Heart
Scruffy the Cat: Hello Angel
Eno: Cindy Tells Me
Waterboys: A Bang On The Ear
The Church: Constant In Opal
James Brown: Get Up Offa That Thing
John Renbourn: Alman/Melancholy Galliard
Nick Lowe: 36 Inches High
Captain Beefheart scares me in this collection, but it does remind me that I need more James Brown in my collection. And as to his being a vinyl man, well so be it. Sometimes a few pops and scratches in the music are just the thing :-).