From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog

Thursday, June 24, 2004

From the depths, the blogger emerges...

Actually getting a break from the office for a short while today. Thought I would put a link up to this post that The Goddess sent my way.

I was amused to learn about a new Bush administration goal: It wants to change the name of the Food Stamps Program (since it no longer uses stamps) and is soliciting suggestions from the public. I've taken a personal interest in this. Why? Because many years ago, in order to subsidize my symphony orchestra oboist habit, I worked for the Nassau County, New York Food Stamps Department.


Madeline Kane is looking for new names for the Food Stamps Program, since nothing in this admin can really reflect what it is directly. Visit the post, and leave your suggestion in the comments.

My fave so far has to be this one.