From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Politics as usual

One of the DailyKos Community members has a story that illustrates the real problems I have with the current administraion. I'm reminded of a line Rodney Dangerfield spouts off in Caddyshack..."Now I know why tigers eat their young."

Update
: The Dallas Morning News has an editorial on this matter here (login required, free registration). They endorse neither the 80 year old Hall, or the young upstart Murphy. Instead they support Mike Moser, who strikes a good middle ground between the two. But I like what they say at the end of the piece:

"But it's a healthy thing for democracy when a young person feels called to public service out of conviction. It's a shame to see that discouraged by the national party. "I told them that elections are not decided in a room in Washington, D.C., but at the polls," Mr. Murphy tells us. Bully for him."

Amen.