From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog: Given that both my ex-wife and current girlfriend read my blog...

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Given that both my ex-wife and current girlfriend read my blog...

It should be interesting to read their respective takes in the comments after they read this post from Echidne of the Snakes.

The seeds for this post are in something Atrios has on Rush Limbaugh. Supposedly Rush has been foaming at the mouth about Al Gore's proposed entry into the media. Rush fears (or hopes?) that the planned liberal media would be all about blow jobs.

Which of course is as silly as most of Rush's ramblings. But what caught my feminist interest about this whole thing was the question whether blow jobs are an egalitarian form of sex. Does the giver enjoy the gift as much as the receiver? More? Less? Is the charm of blow jobs at least partially in their one-sidedness? And if so, what does this tell us about the underlying mores?
She has a bit more, but it's the answer to this question I am most looking forward to hearing.