From: keyser72@mac.com Subject: Date: April 21, 2005 3:53:51 PM CDT Hankblog

Monday, May 03, 2004

Beat the crap out of L.A.
I don't usually get into pro basketball too much, as the playoffs come around as baseball season is starting, and that is where my true loyalties lie. Over the last few seasons though, I have taken a fair amount of joy and pride at the performance of the San Antonio Spurs. When they won the championship last year, I loved that they smote the Lakers last season. I am so sick of Phil Jackson and Kobe and Shaq.

This season, Lakers and Spurs rumble once again, and how does the Zen Master Phil Jackson get his team ready for the showdown? By running smack on the city of San Antonio.

I so hope that the Spurs beat LA like a bunch of cheap rugs. I was listening to Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio this morning (hey I'd change my name too but if he's on ESPN Radio and I'm not, I'm guessing he might know a little more about the business than I do). He made the observation that if three or four jump shots don't fall in the last ten years, Phil automatically goes from coaching genius to kook who can't relate to his players. His record demonstrates that he's no slouch as a coach, as his regular season record will attest to, but he ain't no friggin genius. Put him on a team with a bunch of shlubs and see if he can win 50 games. If not, he needs to sit down and shut the hell up. As it stands, I hope the Spurs beat LA in five. It would mean that San Antonio would have lose their first game since March 23 (no, that's not a typo, that's what kind of roll they've been on), but it would also mean that Phil would have to come back to the city he looks down on so, and then leave, hat in hand, for another long summer.

Beat L.A.!